Pinterest

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Body Language! Ahhhh that explains a lot

Recently I was in an awkward situation with someone. I was on edge around them. They were very calm. I was not. Which makes the first pages of the book I have just started reading very interesting indeed. You see I was brave and went to talk to him. I sat hunched up on the desk next to him - he reclined in his chair, spreading his legs and putting his hands behind his head. At that moment I felt dislike for him. It was inexplainable. Why was he so dislikable at that particular moment? And why was it his body language that struck me?

According to "Body Language: It's What You Don't Say That Matters" by Robert Phipps the posture he had adopted was an arrogant one. He knew I was on edge, that made him feel superior. If I'd have read the book sooner I'm have been less nice. Oh yes arrogant man, I am on to you.

No comments: