Pinterest

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Venis Canals, Venice Beach....n...some other LA stuff

Howdy folks (do I sound American yet?). I've started to really enjoy my time out here in LA. Which is a good thing...it's my 20th day! On Friday night I decided to go it alone and go to a sushi restaurant. I spoke to concierge and they suggested Wabi Sabi on Abbot Kinney. Apparently it was some first friday of the month celebration on the street - an added bonus. So I rocked up to Wabi sabi and asked for a seat on my lonesome - they gave me one at the sushi bar next to a group of girls. They turned out to be really lovely and adopted me for the night. Cheryl, Ruby and Jackie - thank you all! I followed then to a wine bar called "The Other Room" where I got rather too drunk. The next day was hell, but the fact that I had had a proper night out, made friends and did it all by myself really made me feel so much better. Sunday i decided to exploit my new found "go it alone" confidence and set off bright and early for Venice. I walked all around the lovely canals taking pictures and looking at architecture while burning my shoulders. It was perfect. I loved it. Then I headed down to Venice beach and marvelled at all the freaky people. Before I knew it I'd walked all the way to Santa Monica. Walking back down Main street I stopped at the Victoria (Old Victorian...or something) and watched a bit of the Super Bowl. Then I walked all the way back to the Ritz and got there just in time to see the sunset. Perfect. in the evening I took myself for a romantic dinner in The Cheesecake factory and sat on the veranda with fairy lights and the boats bobbing. It was magical.

Here's my iphone pictures:





No comments: