Pinterest

Thursday 3 December 2009

Off to the Big Apple

Tomorrow I am getting on a jet plane and flying to JFK Airport. Because of the time difference I weirdly get there almost as soon as I get on the plane. I'm going to visit my Fiancé who is working out there for a month. It will be so great to see him and I'm really excited about finally going to New York. I've always wanted to go at Christmas time so it's perfect.

I am also going to an exclusive fashion sale with the wife of one of Fiancé's work colleague. It's very exciting but very scary too. She sent me an email with her battle plan for the event. Here it is.

"It’s crazy there and people are ruthless! People got heard…seriously! Game plan:

· Wear comfy shoes

· Wear something appropriate so you can try jeans on…lots of jeans Acne, Seven, Rock & Republic, Rich & Skinny, J Brand, etc… (no changing rooms so people just try things on right in front of you)…I’m thinking leggings and a long top?

· The door opens at 11am but I think we should get there at 10 – last time I got there at 10:30 the line was very long!!

· Bring water

· I’m bringing a shopping bag but I will bring an extra one to put the stuff in while we shop"


I'm imagining it will be like that episode of friends when they go to the sale and Monica gives everyone whistles!
Anyway I will have pretty much a whole week to amuse myself in NYC while Fiancé works. So any tips or places to go would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love NYC
If you have time, visit the statue of Liberty or check out a Broadway show or the Radio City Rockettes Christmas Spectacular! Or there is always amazing shopping on any street in NY. Check out the huge H & M, Victoria Secret, etc.

I just wrote a post about the Statue of Lib.
www.lifeaftercollege3.blogspot.com